This year at the Markham Village Music Festival, we are pleased to present our first ever Beatbox Battle sponsored by Long & McQuade Markham.
If you are interested in being a competitor for this event, please see the information below.
Master of Ceremonies & Lead Judge: Ethan Chu
Judging Panel: James Dark & Danny Ho of MayDay Fundraising
- The Beatbox Battle will be taking place in the afternoon on Saturday June 20, 2020.
- Time is yet to be determined
- Stay tuned for further updates
- 9 beatboxers are registered for the battle and will all compete in the event.
- Our judging panel will determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Audience members/virtual attendees, will have the opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice award.
- Top 3 and People’s Choice to be announced on-air before the end of the festival and will be posted on our website and social media
- Please make sure to provide an introduction at the beginning of your video (your introduction is not part of the 1 minute 30 seconds)
- You will be evaluated in four categories, each worth 10 points each. These are originality, musicality/structure, technicality/cleanliness and flow.
- Results of both rounds will be shared to all competitors and/or posted on our website and social media.
- 1st Place – $100 Long & McQuade Gift Card
- 2nd Place – $75 Long & McQuade Gift Card
- 3rd Place – $50 Long & McQuade Gift Card
- People’s Choice – $25 Long & McQuade Gift Card
- All registered competitors will receive at least one item of swag prior to the date of the festival to be mailed to them.
- Registration is now over and we have 9 competitors for the event.
- Deadline to submit your video is Tuesday June 9, 2020 at midnight.
(Failure to submit your video by the deadline will disqualify you from the competition)